By Linda Ward Beech
Eight high-interest reading passages—with cause-and-effect map graphic organizers—to help kids learn to identify relationships between events! Each includes a companion ready-to-use Notebook file that is perfect for your SMART board. Following your lead, students can write, highlight, and underline key text right on the board!
As students complete each graphic organizer, they do the following:
• create a visual product based on their reading
• engage in understanding information from a passage
• see relationships among words, facts, and ideas
• gain a sense of purpose and control over their reading
• learn to paraphrase what they read 0 pages.
Suggest that students read the passage all the way through to get the general idea. Then they can reread it to identify the information needed in the organizer!