Students sometimes struggle to recognize the causal connection between events in a story. In this lesson, they use the events in a story to identify cause and effect!
This mini-lesson includes:
• A set of reproducible bookmarks, just for fiction reading!
• "Meet the Fiction Bookmark" teacher's lesson page.
• "Meet the Fiction Bookmark" student reproducible.
• "Make Predictions" teacher's lesson page.
• "Make Predictions" student graphic organizer reproducible.
Bookmark Connection: Have students touch the soccer ball and first star on the bookmark when they describe a cause and effect that leads into a story!