By Linda Ward Beech
Ten high-interest reading passages with concept web graphic organizers that help kids learn to focus on main ideas and supporting details! Each lesson a companion ready-to-use Notebook file that is perfect for your SMART board. Following your lead, students can write, highlight, and underline key text right on the board!
As students complete each graphic organizer, they do the following:
• create a visual product based on their reading
• engage in understanding information from a passage
• see relationships among words, facts, and ideas
• gain a sense of purpose and control over their reading
• learn to paraphrase what they read 0 pages.
Common Core Alignments:
Suggest that students read the passage all the way through to get the general idea. Then they can reread it to identify the information needed in the organizer!