By Deborah Schecter
Apples, strawberries, and fire trucks are red. What else is red?
This delightful, four-color First Little Reader correlates to Guided Reading Level A, and includes the following features:
• consistent text placement on each page
• one to two lines of text per page
• short sentences with repetitive sentence structure
• repeated and recognizable high-frequency sight words
• rhyming text to build recognition of word families and other phonics skills
• engaging illustrations that closely match the text
• a familiar story theme that connects to children’s experiences and interests
• a draw-and-write reproducible page to extend the learning! 10 pages.
During Reading: Let children read the book aloud softly as you listen in. Help children use problem-solving strategies when they encounter unfamiliar words. You can offer support and encouragement without interrupting the flow of their reading.To assess children’s decoding skills, take a running record as they read, noting the problem-solving strategies used by each child as well as strengths and needs.