A valuable tool for teaching beginning readers. With this resource, children learn to:
• recognize vowel digraphs and the sounds they make
• use diacritical markings to indicate pronunciation of digraphs
• recognize diphthongs and the sounds they make
• recognize r-controlled vowels and the sounds they make
• recognizing some exceptions to the vowel rules
Includes word games, riddles, puzzles, silly rhymes, and more. The simple directions and fun exercises make them perfect for kids to use independently in school or as homework! 48 pages.