Easy How-to's for 10 Interactive Books That Kids Will Love to Make and Read
By Rozanne Lanczak Williams
Turn file folders and other simple materials into irresistible, interactive books! File folders create colorful, inviting book covers when cut into fun shapes, such as piggy banks and silly spiders. Includes easy directions, reproducible patterns, and kid-friendly text for 10 unique books that inspire and support emergent readers and writers. Children personalize the illustrations and text to create books they'll be proud to bring home and share! 48 pages.
Why Make Books?
Bookmaking in the classroom is a great way to:
• create age-appropriate books.
• give children practice reading high-frequency words in context.
• introduce children to the steps in the writing process.
• engage children in a meaningful activity during center time or when you are working with small groups.
• integrate reading and writing into the content areas with books that reinforce math skills (Ten Little Dinosaurs, Piggy Bank Book) and science concepts (All Kinds of Homes).
• create a supply of reading material for children to take home.
eBook (4.8 MB)
Out of stock