By Karen Shelton
George Washington Carver, with his ingenuity and creativity, is a great American to feature in August for National Inventor's Month!
This unit includes the following:
• an INTRODUCTION that helps to connect the featured person to a particular month, and also supplies background information
• MORE INTERESTING FACTS that focus on the featured person's life, experiences, and accomplishments
• an easy-to-read MINI-BOOK filled with interesting and factual information about the featured person
• a READ-ALOUD PLAY that reinforces children's knowledge about the person and builds fluency
• an ACTIVITY PAGE specific to the featured person that gives kids the opportunity to further reflect on the person's character traits and passions
• RELATED READING - book suggestions that help to build children's background knowledge and understanding of the featured person
Mask the text of the mini-book and make a copy of the pages. Then cut out the text from another copy. Laminate all the pieces, place them in a center, and encourage children to match the corresponding text to each page!