By Karen J. Kindle
In this version of the well-known fairy tale, pig and wolf reverse roles!
This comprehensive vocabulary unit is designed to help you use fiction texts in read-alouds. The unit can be adapted to fit the needs of your students, or taught as is. Components of the unit are:
• a brief description of the text
• "Vocabulary for Instruction" (a list of target words)
• additional word lists that suggest specific categories to focus on, such as "Action Words"
• "During Reading" (suggested questions to promote critical thinking and use of target vocabulary)
• "Infusion Activities" (ways to infuse vocabulary instruction from the read-aloud throughout your day)
Also includes steps for designing your own read-aloud vocabulary units!
Picture It: Some of the target words are perfect for making picture cards. Students can write the word fluffy and glue cotton balls on the letters. The word scorched can be written to look as though the letters have been burned. Puff can be written in bubble letters, and trembling can be written with a shaky hand!