Students make observations of where the sun rises from (the west) and sets in (the east). They also present times of sunrise and sunset in a graph and recognize the patterns and trends of this data. This ready-to-use lesson—in Notebook software—gives you everything you need for a lively science unit!
• a Getting Started activity
• a step-by-step Mini-Lesson plan
• an Independent Work activity
• a Wrap-Up activity (to round up the teaching and learning and identify any assessment opportunities)
Grades 4 - 6
This mini-lesson and activity(s) meets the following science standard(s):
• Std 3, Lvl II, Benchmark 1: Knows that night and day are caused by the Earth’s rotation on its axis