By Bonnie Murray
One of the greatest proactive management techniques lies in the quality of classroom instruction. Think about a class you’ve taken that was interesting, that involved you, that had variety, that met your needs, and that was meaningful. Did you whisper or pass notes? Did you neglect your homework? Did you resent the teacher? Probably not! Learn to create a similar classroom environment!
• Beginning-of-the-Year Assessments
• Observing and Questioning Children
• Effective Instruction
• Using Effective Teaching Strategies
• Grading and Record Keeping
• Includes an All About Me mini-book, plus an All About Me student survey!
Small-Classroom Solutions: If your room is absolutely too small to have an open area, teach the children a “cleaning up song” or a procedure for preparing their desks so they can learn. If a student has something to play with during instruction, he or she